Saturday, July 27, 2013

R. P. McMurphy

Daily warm up ink drawing of Jack Nicholson from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-- there are things I like about it, and things I don't. I was focusing too much on my process instead of making sure it looked like Jack. Every drawing based on a real person needs subtle caricature so that it instantly looks like them... this one does not, so to me it's only a fair representation. Without the hat and coat, it wouldn't be so easy to know exactly who it is. Photo reference used from the film.

2 comments:

  1. The eyes are right on though. I still think you should see Easy Rider, you would really like Jack in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I mentioned I had-- yeah, he was great in that! The ending blew me away, I really liked it overall.

    ReplyDelete